Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Direction For Kaja Loves...


It is hard to believe how much time soared by since my last post. I have researched much, come across amazing products, and have seen very cool designs. I thought of putting posts up about them. Yet, when you are focused full speed on something, you don't stop to write a mini-dissertation about it. Unless, it's a career choice, or you're POd, or you just have nothing else to do, or ... I will stop now because I am writing myself into a corner.

The bottom line is I have been busy. Busy working on other creative projects and busy working on business issues for my parents. Writing the "p" word at all should indicate the very nature of this time sucking vortex.

If your Mom is anything like my Mom, the average phone call is 1 hour and 20 minutes. Yes, I started tracking them. It's very easy with cell phones. Every time I get off the phone with her, I have to charge it.

I Love my mother, but let's be real here.

Here are the "Mom call" events.

1. Phone rings. I see incoming number is "Mom."
2. I look at the charge on my phone. It's typically around 80%.
3. I answer the phone, "Hi, Mom."
4. And she ALWAYS says this. "Hi, baby. You have a minute. I have something quick to share with you."
5. I find a chair if I'm not already sitting.
6. We talk. Have several false positive conclusions.
7. Call ends.
8. Phone goes on the charger.

Like clockwork every time.

There are events 9 and 10. These are the 2 types of Action Items - "Preferred" and "Assigned." Need I say more?

I digress and lapse into serious blogging.

My new way to blog is - "The Cool of the Day."

When I see an exciting design, product, art, or hear amazing music, I will post it. And post it with sparce commentary.

Let the daily inspiration begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment