Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Belly Dancing WooHoo!!!


Today, I went belly dancing. Tomorrow, I won't.

Why? I need to recover, naturally. I had an exhausted blast. I'm not sure what the calorie burn is for this type of exercise. I just know my belly says "Lots."

Now, I'm so pumped I HAVE to find some music and more instructions. I happen to know how I looked. There was a full length wall mirror in front of me. I was a wiggly jelly roll lady, but I did not care.

This is exercise, right? I don't know anyone there... Well, yet.

I have to share this, in the spirit of the internet of course, invisible, unknown, etc., but the belly dance instructor actually said to all us oversized T-shirt wearing ladies, "I need to see your stomachs. Next lesson just wear a sports bra."

You know what my first thought was, "Uh huh. Yeah. Right!" Followed by a vocal, "What did you say?" Then in the haze of the confirmation I heard her say, "We're just ladies, right?"

This is a co-ed gym.

What the heck! I don't know those basketball, weight lifting, racqueball playing fitness comrades either.

I'm getting new sports bras.

p.s. This is my first blog. Hmmm feels nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment