Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pixar's Up is Brilliant!


Well, they did it again. Pixar that is. They didn't knock this film out of the park. They knocked it out of the country. Any country.

I'm thinking about seeing this film again. That is HUGE for me. I have a keen sense of story and am, by nature, very analytical. I frequently get bounced out of the escape because of some hole in the story, an unlikely happening, or outright boredom.

Few film studios have this Pixar distinction. Turn out quality work every single time.

When I watched this film, I saw the tremendous care and ever-present love the Pixar staff had for it. Each character was crafted with care and the story was seamless.


There was the Tracy Spencerish 78-year-old exploration- dreamer-grump named Carl Fredricksen.





He was existing but not living until his independent lifestyle was threatened. Carl decided to dream big and take bold action.





Just when Carl thought he escaped from everything, destiny surprised him with frantic taps on his door. He discovered a co-traveler, Russell, the cheerful and persistent 8-year-old Wilderness Explorer.



Two unlikely people thrown together and on the journey of their lives.


It is a heart warming, comedic, adventure story. Everyone should see it. Why? Because this film touches and lifts you Up!

This is a story about people needing people. Carl and Russell found something extraordinary, each other. There are chock full of other treats in this film too.

This is a thrilling adventure that lifts you Up. That's just what I needed after losing my beloved kitty this week (that blog is still in Draft). I needed to fly and Up took me to the sky.

You know what. I made up my mind. I will see it again.



Kaja's rating:
5 out of 5 Rockets

Summary: This film soars into space.

1 comment:

  1. Saw it again. Enjoyment did not diminish. It heightened.

    ReplyDelete