Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ethereal Glass Jellyfish

The Unforgettable Work of Satava



Moon Jellyfish

Richard Satava's art needs no flowery description. His art speaks volumes for itself. I guarentee if you see it in person, it will mesmerize you.

I learned about Satava visiting an open house. I was so struck by the art that I made a point to speak to the owner to find out the creator. I repeated the name and still had no idea what she said. Several months later for my birthday, my thoughtful beloved found a glass gallery and took me there.

That was 6 years ago. I remember that day better than the previous lapsed 6 hours. I floated in the sky that day. The glass gallery (defunct in 2009) had a dazzling glass art collection. Satava was prominently and properly featured. I was ga-ga all over again. We vowed to some day purchase one. It took us 3 years, but we acquired one of his masterpieces.


We're still ga-ga over his work today.



Gold Ruby Jellyfish illuminated by a spotlight



Moon Jellyfish illuminated by a spotlight


Gold Ruby Jellyfish Close-up



Trio of spotlighted Gold Ruby Jellyfish

No comments:

Post a Comment