Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Kitchen is Closed!

A Kitchen with a Closed Mind


When I see a design like this, I am reminded of the great ideas that come from the people (us non-professional designers).

This homeowner either:

a. loves rolltops,

b. needs to hide the kitchen mess, or

c. wants to make a statement to the other residents.

If it's the latter (my favorite), I'm guessing they are teenagers. Boys in particular.

Well, I'm certainly going to remember this design for future implementation. File this under "Teen Barricade" or from the other side of the counter "Parental Border Defense."


Rolltop Pass-thru

My Redesign Plan

1. Move the table from under counter. Recommend buying a slightly smaller table that has leaves.

2. Relocate the TV/Entertainment unit.

3. Paint the walls a rich steel gray. Provided the rest of the colors in that room support it.

4. Hang a cool wrought iron plaque over the rolltop window that says, "Guests Welcome. Teenagers by Appointment!"


No comments:

Post a Comment