Thursday, January 21, 2010

Voyeur's Dream Closet

A Modern Peep Closet


Spazzi Walk-in Glass Walls Closet


I think Spazzi aims for the woman client, but this closet seriously appeals to a man.

I do like this closet.

However, when I look at it, I see what every woman from the bargain binge shopper to the designer bulk diva sees.

1. Why in the world are there two walls free of storage?! What a waste of great space!!!

2. Two double doors? What is the meaning of this? Is it to point out that you have an extra large closet that can accomodate 2 double wide doors? Give me the racks. I want extra shelving. I want more dress, shirt, and skirt bars. I need more shoe storage bins. Can we talk about chests for my scarves?! (Okay. The last one is mine. Yes, I have an extensive collection. Everyone has a thing. Please don't judge.)

Looks like Men's clothing staged in this ad. Very telling.


3. I'm totally dumbstruck on this one. Four benches? Why would any woman need 4 benches to park boxes? I know this picture is staged, but whoever staged the picture seriuosly needs to stick with staging boxes in a FedEx Office display window.

A woman needs closet gear for holding, storing, and hiding banned purchases from her significant other. This leads to my next critique.

4. Provided you are not a man. A man's viewpoint on this closet is obvious. It's a peepfest.

Thus, unless you're vain and like looking at all your stuff from two angles, two walls of clear glass is a huge mistake. A woman's closet is generally filled to the brim. It never starts out that way. The more space available. The more space mandated to fill. Cannot explain it. It just is.

Therefore, after 6 months, do you really want your unnecessary recurring replacement acquisitions, which BTW will not replace anything other than suck up available space, visible? I don't think sooooo.

This closet is a MOD beauty but lacks a woman's sensibilities.

Spazzi you need to redesign and consider how women hoard.

My Redesign Plan

1. 1/4 wall of glass, please!

2. If you must have two walls of glass, make it two-way mirror. Thank You.

3. Load me up with closet gear. I want the the works! More racks. More bars. More shelves. More drawers.

4. Don't stop with the works either! I want a runway with theatrical lights and a sumptuous velvet chaise lounge. (If you're going to go big, go Herculean.)

5. Where is my swanky modern chandelier?

Let's face facts. There is one place that all women intersect no matter color, religion, location, country, and means. Every woman is Queen of the closet. There is no King. A man visits and sometimes is permitted to stay at court. If he's lucky, his title will be elevated to Closet Consort.

Spazzi please take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment