Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Theatrical Masters

Staged for a Performance

A master bedroom need not be staid. Certainly, these owners sleep on the wild side. I like that.

Vroom, Vroom Red Room

I like this master bedroom because it yells "no fear." A screaming fire engine type red on the walls. I could not sleep here without having some very interesting dreams. Yet, it does make me think about the possibility of pushing the boundary on red in the bedroom. Though, I do think the red is far over done. One wall in this red would have been sufficient (IMHO).

The substantial sized bed frame and nightstand in a natural color are great choices. The mix-it-up chair in black & white is snazzy.

I'm not crazy about the carpet color (as it appears in this picture). I would have selected one a little lighter or a little darker.

My Redesign Plan

1. Eye Popping Red - I like, just on 1 wall please.
2. Natural Finish on large Bed and oversized Nightstand - Sweet!
3. White/Cream Linen - Excellent.
4. Black and White Striped Chair - Adds zing.
5. Side Table (left side of bed) - Lose it. Replace with a slightly taller round table with a stone top. I would have chosen a black or white-washed finish.
6. Carpet - Replace with a color that offsets the red a bit more while not being flat.




Dramatic + Elegant = Sublime

I have one succint statement about this master bedroom. "I want one."

It is as rich in drama as the Vroom, Vroom Red Room. Yet, this master has a rich, elegant dramatic touch. The contrast is fanstastic. It is cozy and dynamic. I want to run into the bedroom and leap onto that alcoved bed. I can see myself playing in there. Dropping the curtains and scripting my own noir enchantments behind it.

Oh! And is that a Fortuny lamp hanging just beyond the entry. I am so there. Ahhhh...

My Redesign Plan

1. Mirror (by the entry) - Lose it. Replace with an amazing work of art, modern/contemporary painting. Second option, replace with a large wall mirror with a gold leaf contemporary design frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment