Friday, January 1, 2010

I know...


It's been awhile since I've posted, but Rome was not built in a day either.

After my father passed, I went into a somber state. I traversed the extensive landscape of the Valley of Sorrow. I have only now regained some measure of my spirit.

Interestingly enough it was a Christmas time epiphany. It occurred to me that my father would want me to be "in" life. The exact words that flowed across my mind and penetrated my world were, "It's life. Be in it."

At that moment, the shroud of pain, loss, and longing turned to peace, cherishing the memories, and honoring the cycle of life.

Death is part of life. I do not understand why. I reckon I'm not supposed to right now.

Therefore, it is our job to live. Fully.

I know that is what my father would want for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment